Dairy Free, Gluten Free Damper


Being gluten free and dairy free means no more nice burgers and pizza. Wrong!

Since finding Melinda’s Gluten Free Goodies Self Raising Flour, I have been ripping out some cracking bread substitutes. No other commercial GF SR flour gives me the same results and flavour as the talented Miss Melinda’s does. Many GF bread and cake products are dense and wet but using this flour, mine are are light and fluffy. 

Oh yeah, guess what else….just two ingredients for damper, buns or pizza base.

The base recipe is simple:
1 cup Melinda’s Gluten Free Goodies SR Flour (130g)
¾ cup Natural Sheep Milk Yoghurt (130g) 

Of course you can use a dairy option if lactose is your friend. 

This makes two hamburger buns.

Or use equal weights of each in whatever quantity you like.

Mix together then knead lightly on a floured surface and form into desired shape.

Thermomix users:
Use the interval speed for 30 seconds to mix.

Bake until cooked depending on the size. Hamburger buns take around 20 mins in a moderate oven.

You can make a whopping, big damper, spread it out and use as a pizza base (bake a while then add toppings) or as I do mostly, bake them as hamburger buns. Loads of pictures below so you can see what I've done. 

Tonight I added two teaspoons of dried herbs (oregano, rosemary and parsley) for lamb burgers and sprinkled the tops with salt.
 
My husband's dinner - GF DF Lamb Burgers with roasted chat potato
Omit herbs and drown in honey if you want something sweet.

So simple and delicious.

Try it and tell me what you think.

You can get Melinda’s Gluten Free Goodies Flour and cake mixes at many supermarkets and health food shops. Click here for the Facebook page.

I buy Sheep Milk Yoghurt from Wray Organic, Cannon Hill in Brisbane but many delis and health food shops stock it. 


The best GF Flour



Sheep Milk Yoghurt because I think most Goat milk products are pretty gross, but that's just me. 

I use these round spring form pans so they stay round. Ready to bake!

Baked

Split and ready to dress!




Comments

  1. I used thermomix yoghurt and orgran self raising flour as that is what I had. My daughter came home from school and ate the lot! (with butter and honey on). Making them again as we speak. Thank you, there are very few gluten free breads that my daughter will eat... Kath

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts